For an 8″ pie, you need the following:
For the crust:
– 2 cups of either plain flour or gluten-free flour
– 1/4 cup (1 stick) of melted butter, grated just before use
– 3 egg yolks
– 3 lemons
– 1 can 14 oz. of sweetened condensed milk
– 3 egg yellows
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F° and grease metal or glass pie dish.
2. To make crust: Mix 2 cups flour, 3 eggs’ yellow and 1 stick of melted butter, and knead it together. Mold the mix onto pie dish and put in the oven for 15 minutes. When done, let outside to cool and turn oven off
3. Once crust is cold, preheat oven to 425 degrees F° once more.
4. To make lemon filling: Squeeze the juice out of the lemons in a medium bowl, stir in condensed milk until thick–always stirring. Lay aside.
5. To make meringue: In a large bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
6. Pour lemon filling into cold baked crust, and spread the meringue on top of it.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes, or until meringue is golden brown.